Thursday, 3 November 2016
Week One...hurdles, familiar faces and meeting my nemesis
So signed up and nearing the end of Wednesday at school. Not enthusiastic about heading to a room of strangers in an unfamiliar place to do scary things in a digital way.
Getting my head around this time slot being blacked out in my life for the next 16 weeks is a hurdle, a major one. So I schedule it in my diary (got to include that holiday break) and realise that trick is not helping at all. I think my next trick will be to ignore any issues I have with being out mid week and just roll with it. After all things that are worse are bound to come up like filming, speaking on film and being on film. But not on the first night right?
Wrong.
The tutors/facilitators/lecturers (all male all with accents) send me into a mild headache, slightly uncomfortable coma until Jonny pulls out the ripper of an assignment....a 1 minute video clip on the theme of what is knowledge and what is the purpose of education. All in 30 minutes.
To say mild panic set in is like saying a tsunami is a small wave. I like to think I held it together but in reality I don't know my group members well enough to drop f bombs. They were polite about it but I think they were like why do we have to be with her.
Natalie came up with an app that we could use and the ideas flowed. So 30 minutes later we had one video http://premiereclip.adobe.com/videos/GMeb8EzXHAp and one nemesis faced...speaking on film.
Help it's only the first week!
Seriously though I arrived home my mind churning with ideas for my reluctant lovers of all things Maths my Year 9 class. They approach the idea of study like Ebola and if making a video about a topic to show the rest of their classmates helps them learn then surely that is a good thing? Worth a think about at the very least!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment